Town Councillor Vacancy
TOWN COUNCILLOR - CO-OPTION
Ravenhurst & Fosse Ward – 1 vacancy
A notice of vacancy in the Office of Town Councillor was published on 19th January 2018 for the Ravenhurst & Fosse Ward. A request for an election was not received within the required 14 days. Public elections will not be held until May 2019, therefore, for the interim period the vacancy will be filled by co-option, voted for by the incumbent members of Braunstone Town Council.
Any person interested in being co-opted as a Braunstone Town Councillor should apply in writing to the Executive Officer & Town Clerk by 12noon on Tuesday 1st May 2018 stating how you are qualified to serve as a Town Councillor. Expressions of interest already received do not need to reapply
To qualify, you must:
- be either a British, Commonwealth or European Union citizen;
- on the ‘relevant date’ (i.e. the day on which you are co-opted) be 18 years of age or over; and
- not be debarred from standing as a Councillor.
additionally you must meet one of the following four qualifications:
- a local government elector in Braunstone Parish; or
- have during the whole of the 12 months preceding the day of co-option occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in Braunstone Parish; or
- have during that same period had your principal or only place of work in Braunstone Parish; or
- during the 12 month period resided in the council area.
If you apply, you will be required to attend the Annual Council meeting on Thursday 10th May 2018 at 8pm at Braunstone Civic Centre to present your case to be co-opted as a Town Councillor and answer any questions. The decision will be made at that meeting.
Executive Officer & Town Clerk
Braunstone Civic Centre, Kingsway, Braunstone Town, LEICESTER, LE3 2PP.
24th March 2018