Braunstone Town Council has three grant schemes available for residents and community groups to apply for to help support initiatives and projects within Braunstone Town. Information and application forms are available to download below.
Community Grant Scheme
The Community Grant Scheme enables local community groups and registered charities to apply for a grant of up to £300 per year to assist their work within the community. The aims of the grant are to:
- Encourage the formation of new community groups leading to the provision of a wider range of services at local level.
- Assist with the recruitment of new members to existing groups.
- Support existing groups to provide new services, equipment and running costs.
Grant for Individuals
The grant for individuals enables local residents to apply for a grant up to £300 to support them with an opportunity that they would otherwise not be able to participate in. Individuals applying for a grant must be able to:
- Show evidence of an outstanding skill or talent or provide details of an exceptional opportunity, especially where this involves elements of service to the community.
- Show how a modest grant will make a real difference in developing their skill or talent or in enabling them to take up an opportunity.
- Demonstrate how financial hardship or other circumstances would bar their progress unless a grant were made.
- Grant applications can only be accepted from individuals who have been residents of Braunstone Town for at least twelve months.
Youth Initiative Grant
Braunstone Town Council has made available £1200 per year for youth projects for young people aged 11 – 16 years. Local youth groups and projects can apply for a grant up to £1200 if the following criteria are met:
- Young people are invited to submit projects taking place in Braunstone Town that are of benefit to young people which must be completed in the financial year that the grant is made.
- Projects must directly benefit young people in areas such as the arts, sports, improvement to health or awareness of the environment.
- Projects can be for small capital projects, provision of equipment or to provide training or education workshops for young people.
- Young people must be involved in the decision making process of the project and demonstrate that young people in Braunstone Town have been consulted regarding the project.
- Braunstone Town Council Community Development Committee will consider all projects submitted and approve suitable applications.
The Town Council can also advise on funding from other sources and will encourage and assist community groups in making applications for funding from other sources.