We have been dealing with residents’ concerns relating to highways issues in Thorpe Astley.
The issues include:
- Parking on Foxon Way
- Speeding on Murby Way, Foxon Way, Meridian Way and Withers Way
- Air pollution from increased traffic
- Pedestrian safety on Meridian Way
We have submitted a formal request in writing to Leicestershire County Council asking them to work with us to:
- address congestion on Lubbesthorpe Way,
- consider and consult upon a scheme of works, including improvements to existing crossing points and to the road layout, on Meridian Way and Withers Way; and
- consider regulatory and preferential parking schemes in the Meridian and Thorpe Astley areas.
We will also be locating our speed sign on the main roads in Thorpe Astley and seeking support for a Community Speed Watch Scheme.
For more information and updates on how we deal with ongoing highway issues in Thorpe Astley please click here.