We have been dealing with residents’ concerns relating to highways issues in Thorpe Astley.
The issues include:
- Parking on Foxon Way
- Speeding on Murby Way, Foxon Way, Meridian Way and Withers Way
- Air pollution from increased traffic
- Pedestrian safety on Meridian Way
We have submitted a formal request in writing to Leicestershire County Council asking them to work with us to:
- address congestion on Lubbesthorpe Way,
- consider and consult upon a scheme of works, including improvements to existing crossing points and to the road layout, on Meridian Way and Withers Way; and
- consider regulatory and preferential parking schemes in the Meridian and Thorpe Astley areas.
We will also be locating our speed sign on the main roads in Thorpe Astley and seeking support for a Community Speed Watch Scheme.
For more information and updates on how we deal with ongoing highway issues in Thorpe Astley please click here.
Braunstone Town Council has ambitious proposals to make improvements to the sporting, recreation and play facilities at Shakespeare Park, off Avon Road, Braunstone Town.
The proposals include:
- Demolition of the existing Bowls Clubhouse and Football Changing Rooms
- Building of a new multi-sports Clubhouse between the Bowling Green, Tennis Courts and Recreation Ground
- Extension and improvements to the existing Car Park
- Improvements to the play equipment and safety surfaces, including installation of sensory play equipment
- Improvements to the Tennis Courts
For more information and updates on this exciting inititative, please click here.