Tender - Invitation
Invitation to Tender One 4 Wheeled Drive Tractor and Sidearm Hedgecutter 5 Year Lease
TENDERS ARE INVITED from suitably experienced Contractors for the lease of one 4 wheeled drive tractor and sidearm hedgecutter for a period of 5 years, including annual servicing and maintenance.
BRAUNSTONE TOWN COUNCIL is responsible for maintaining the Town’s open spaces and parks, which comprises of nearly 32 hectares of land, which includes sports pitches, nature areas, woodland, an orchard and meadow.
The Contractor must provide within the tendered price:
1. Delivery of the vehicle at the commencement of the lease to and collection at the end of the lease agreement from the Council’s Workshop in Braunstone Town, LE3.
2. Operator driver and maintenance training to be provided at commencement of the contract, following delivery of the vehicle.
3. Annual Servicing, including parts and labour, at any of the Council’s sites with Braunstone Town, LE3.
4. Respond to breakdowns at any of the Council’s sites within Braunstone Town, LE3, within 2 working days.
5. Replacement mechanical parts and labour.
6. Replacement vehicle if out of action for more than 5 working days or compensation for the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle.
7. All processing and administration costs.
Tenders must be in the form prescribed by the Council and delivered enclosed in a plain, sealed envelope, bearing no mark or name indicating the identity of the sender, and endorsed 'Tender - provision of one 4 wheeled drive tractor and sidearm Hedgecutter' to the Executive Officer & Town Clerk, Braunstone Town Council, Civic Centre, Kingsway, Braunstone Town, Leicester LE3 2PP, not later than :
4pm on Friday 19th October 2018.
Note: Canvassing of Members or of any committee, directly or indirectly, for any Contract with the Council shall disqualify the Contractor for such appointment. If an applicant for any appointment or Contract with the Council is to his/her knowledge related to any Member of, or the holder of any office under the Council, he/she and the person to whom he/she is related shall disclose the relationship in writing to the Executive Officer & Town Clerk. A Contractor who fails to do so shall be disqualified for such Contract, and, if appointed, may be dismissed without notice.